APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & PROCESS
Use the following instructions and process as guides to prepare your application with the National Hispanic Institute.
Required Application Components
- Online Application or Paper Application
- $20 nonrefundable Application Processing Fee
- Official Report Card/Transcript
- Counselor Letter of Recommendation (Optional)
- Parent Release & Financial Policy
- Medical Authorization & Waiver of Liability
After submitting your application
- ADD your NHI account login to your email address book or safe senders list. Double-check that your email address is valid to ensure you receive all NHI correspondence.
- CHECK your application status regularly once we have sent you an email confirming receipt of your application. Feel free to reach out to your NHI Program Officer for questions or more program information.
- CALL the NHI Business Office at 512-357-6137 ext. 208 to finalize all payment arrangements.
NHI reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.
*updated on March 1, 2017*