2018-2019 COLLEGE REGISTER
Started in 1990, the College Register of the National Hispanic Institute (NHI) is a membership organization comprised of colleges that actively recruit college-eligible Latino high school students to enroll in their four-year institutions. These colleges and universities actively participate in NHI’s college fairs and receive the academic and extracurricular profiles of NHI student participants as well as a list of NHI graduating seniors. Today, the College Register consists of four-year colleges and universities from across the United States.
The College Register’s planned events include six (6) private college fairs and three (3) college admissions training programs for the nearly 1,500 students who attend NHI’s 10th/11th grade initiatives during the summer. College Register members are also eligible to attend Celebración 2018, an annual showcase event conducted in the fall that features 500 award-winning youth selected from NHI’s total annual participants. During this event, the College Register holds its annual meeting and hosts special workshops attended by parents and high school counselors and community volunteers who work closely with NHI students.
Benefits of Membership:
To become a College Register member and receive all the benefits, institutions submit an annual membership fee of $1,800. The membership cycle is from September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019. Benefits include:
- Six (6) College Fairs (audience is usually 150-225 high school rising 11th/12th grade students)
- Coach at the CWS (audience is 125 rising 12th grade students)
- Celebración 2018: Seminars, Panels and Grand College Fair (audience 400-500 high school students, parents and school administrators)
- Student Database of 2019 summer NHI student participants, including a list of close to 1,500 rising 12th grade students for Fall 2019 recruitment
- Copy of NHI’s Report Card (if available), a research document reporting trends and analysis on NHI undergraduate enrollment
- Opportunities to meet and present to parents
- Published on NHI’s College Register website
- Published in the annual NHI Magazine (print and online)
- Social media campaigns on Facebook (9k+ likes) and Instagram (4k followers)
“The University of San Diego is proud to host the LDZ Youth Legislative Session. The participants’ level of commitment to the program, and investment in one another’s growth as leaders distinguishes them from other high school students. We were impressed with the NHI students’ strong sense of civic responsibility and our communities are strengthened because of the opportunities and leadership development that NHI provides.”