2019-2020 COLLEGE REGISTER
Started in 1990, the College Register of the National Hispanic Institute (NHI) is a membership organization comprised of colleges that actively recruit college-eligible Latino high school students to enroll in their four-year institutions. These colleges and universities actively participate in NHI’s college fairs and receive the academic and extracurricular profiles of NHI student participants as well as a list of NHI graduating seniors, and research conducted by the National Hispanic Institute with our graduating high school seniors. Today, the College Register consists of four-year colleges and universities from across the United States.
The College Register’s planned events for Summer 2020 include two (2) private digital college fairs, powered by Gamma Iota Sigma and two (2) college admissions training programs for the nearly 2,000 students who will attend NHI’s 2020 10th/11th grade initiatives during the summer. College Register members are also eligible to attend Celebración 2020, an annual showcase event that features 500 award-winning youth selected from NHI’s annual summer participants. During this event, the College Register holds its annual meeting and hosts special workshops attended by parents, high school counselors, and community volunteers who work closely with NHI students.
Benefits of Membership:
To become a College Register member and receive all the benefits, institutions submit an annual membership fee of $1,800. Benefits for 2019-2020 include:
- Two (2) Digital College Fairs (all NHI participants for summer 2020 will be invited, with a maximum capacity of about 750 students for each fair)
- Coach at the CWSx (audience is about 160 rising 12th grade students)
- Celebración 2020 (Details TBD): Seminars, Panels, and Grand College Fair (audience 400-500 high school students, parents and school administrators)
- Student Database of 2020 summer NHI student participants, including a list of close to 2,000 rising 12th grade students for Fall 2019 recruitment
- Copy of NHI’s 2020 Report Card, a research document reporting application and enrollment trends, and analysis on NHI undergraduate college choice
- Opportunities to meet and present to parents
- Published on NHI’s College Register Directory
- Published in the annual NHI Magazine (print and online)
- Social media campaigns on Facebook (9k+ followers) and Instagram (5k followers)
Participate in our series of College Register presentations and panels as part of the NHI Founders Symposium 2020
“The University of San Diego is proud to host the LDZ Youth Legislative Session. The participants’ level of commitment to the program, and investment in one another’s growth as leaders distinguishes them from other high school students. We were impressed with the NHI students’ strong sense of civic responsibility and our communities are strengthened because of the opportunities and leadership development that NHI provides.”