Register to Become a Volunteer with the National Hispanic Institute
The National Hispanic Institute actively engages NHI alumni to serve in various volunteer roles throughout its work. Whether it be at the local level or summer leadership programs, volunteers have been a big part of NHI’s success over the past 40 years.
For consideration to serve as a volunteer for NHI, we require the following:
- Must be an NHI alumnus or parent of an NHI student;
- For high school volunteers, students must be signed up for NHI’s next summer program;
- Review and complete the Intent to Volunteer Form; and
- A signed volunteer agreement (required annually).
In addition, we expect all volunteers to uphold the highest standards of professionalism and ethics. Please click here to read more about our values. The safety and security of all our staff, student members, alumni, and volunteers is our priority. Should you see or hear of anyone that is acting inconsistent with our values, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, additional training make be required for summer program staff or as needed by NHI.
- 2019-2020 NHI Volunteer Agreement (valid September 1, 2019 – August 30, 2020)