GDx is a digital communications and leadership development program for ambitious and courageous young people. If you're committed to making meaningful change in your world, and you’re driven toward building up your community, NHI is for you.
GDx participants apply during the fall semester and complete their registration and prerequisite mini-courses through the December holiday season. Before the holiday break, students join an orientation group led by an older NHI member who acts as “Orientation Leader”. Upon the start of the New Year, GDx participants officially join their regional or local community teams and begin the learning journey in preparation for the summer debates.
Click to view brochure
- 9th or 10th grade students
- Must have a minimum of a 3.2/4.0 grade point average (GPA) or better
- First-year NHI member
PROGRAM Tuition & fees
* Be part of the NHI Student Club for $50/year and gain access to NHI program discounts, year-round online leadership and college prep events, monthly newsletters, and more.
- Payment deadlines are provided upon acceptance into the program. NHI offers flexible payment plans, as well as fundraising tools should families need additional resources.
The GDx is a 2-part program which includes a Spring Training program (mid-January - April) and a Summer Digital Debate Tournament (June or July). Students participate in spring training and then one summer digital debate tournament.
Spring Training (mid-January - April)
Summer Digital Debate Tournament Dates
June 18-20, 2021
June 21-23, 2021
June 25-27, 2021
July 9-11, 2021
- Must upload a copy of a recent report card or transcript when you register.
- Complete & Upload Parent Release Form (due upon acceptance into the program).
- Complete online registration and submit a $25 registration fee.
- Upload a recent report card or transcript (last reporting period for 2019-2020 school year accepted)
- Enrollment Office reviews the application within 1-3 business days.
- Upon acceptance, please pay a $150 non-refundable deposit within 10 days.
- Upload the completed Parent Release Form.
- Complete final tuition payment by assigned deadline. (flexible payment plans available)