CWSx is the National Hispanic Institute’s (NHI) capstone experience for high school juniors preparing for their senior year. Created 30 years ago, it aims to provide future leaders as much insight and practice as possible to prepare for the transition to adulthood, with an emphasis on both college readiness and leadership development.
Getting coached for success in the college admissions process is only one part of making decisions about your future; making a final institutional selection based on your life goals and values requires a different lens. The CWSx addresses the emotional and psychological factors that impact life plans by providing a process for decision-making called Inquiry Based Learning. Using this process, students team up to take on complex challenges and use inquiry-based processes to offer strategic plans for their future goals. CWSx graduates are considered high potential candidates for future faculty roles with NHI, as they are students of the inquiry process used by NHI leaders to evolve new program experiences, ideas, and concepts in community social entrepreneurship.
Click here to view the CWSx Brochure
- 11th grade students
- Must have a minimum of a 3.2/4.0 grade point average (GPA) or better
PROGRAM Tuition & fees
* Be part of the NHI Student Club for $50/year and gain access to NHI program discounts, year-round online leadership and college prep events, monthly newsletters, and more.
- Payment deadlines are provided upon acceptance into the program. NHI offers flexible payment plans, as well as fundraising tools should families need additional resources.
- Spring Program (May)
- Summer Program (June/July)
- League Series (3-days)
- Thought Series (2-days)
- Must upload a copy of a recent report card or transcript when you register.
- Complete & Upload Parent Release Form (due upon acceptance into the program).
- Complete online registration and submit a $25 registration fee.
- Upload a recent report card or transcript (last reporting period for 2019-2020 school year accepted)
- Enrollment Office reviews the application within 1-3 business days.
- Upon acceptance, please pay a $150 non-refundable deposit within 10 days.
- Upload the completed Parent Release Form.
- Complete final tuition payment by assigned deadline. (flexible payment plans available)